A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, December 12, 2022

For Grandmommy

 For Leola Elvie Ford 19NOV22-09DEC07


It was you who taught me, at the tender age of ten, that coffee doesn’t really taste that good even when it is 75 % milk. I wouldn’t get over my aversion to it until twenty plus years later when I was introduced to sugar-free hazelnut lattes which, ironically enough, are coffee…and milk.

You were the first person I remember teaching me that God is more important than watching Charlie’s Angels on a Wednesday night. The lesson didn’t stick for a whole ‘nother twelve years, but I remember that you taught me.

You made me realize that freckles weren’t really ugly things which needed gallons of Pippi Longstocking’s freckle remover. They were, instead, beautiful gifts…kisses from the angels in Heaven.

From you came one of the first nicknames I ever remember being given…(and one of the coolest ones!!)…AngelPockets.

I’ll miss you, Grandmommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )