A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, November 16, 2020

Snow Music

 Reposted from FB from 14FEB10


Snow Music


The wind rages fiercely outside my window as i fall asleep--warm and safe--tucked under my blue fleece blanket on which a black and white cow jumps over a yellow moon.

The quiet is loud as I stand--motionless on the front porch--looking out at this beautiful white and grey world. The snow seems to have cleansed everything. Ground, trees, mailboxes, and even sky are monochromatic white.

In my borrowed, brown sandals and white socks, i step onto the crispy, crunchy, unmarred snow and marvel that I am here--surrounded by this wonder of God's creation--and that it is me, Loralee, who is making the first marks in this pristine snow.

This natural and quiet beauty affects everything around me. Even the grey birds chirp--behind me and beside me, joyfully and colorfully singing their awe.

From tree branches, house eaves, and telephone wires, the melting snow drops down--with vehemence--onto the brown and yellow leaves like a brisk spring rain, signalling the coming of something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )