A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

HATGCT

Something unfinished and unrefined from another website


 HOMER AND THE GOVERNOR'S CHRISTMAS TREE-

It was snowing in Shawnee , Oklahoma that day,

and Homer, the Hero bird was NOT going to stay!!


"It is time to flee from the cold that is here.

I shall fly south toward the ones who are dear."

So,  Homer donned a warm cap, and a scarf which was green;

and then up and away, he was off to the sea.

"In Rockport, I'll visit Joanna, Faith, Caleb, and Clay

and on the beach we shall all share one fun, Fun, FUN day!!!

So, Homer was flying south with Billy Joel in his earphones,

when he was distracted quite suddenly by some loud sobbing moans.

Homer was three miles up... just above Colorado and eleventh

and he said, "I'll stop just a bit. This won't take but a second."

and there in the gazebo on the Governor's grounds,

sat a curly haired girl who was sporting a frown.

(the tears which flowed from her gigantic blue eyes)     this part i am working on..something about big blue eyes and tears

(lalalallalalalalalala to be inserted this line)           and this line needs to rhyme it.    hahahahah

She was crying and yelling at a bedraggled little dolly.

"Cordelia  McGillicutty!!  This is YOUR FAULT...well, prob'ly."

"I can't put this  star on the Governor's tree!

It is two thousand feet tall.  That is too tall for me!!"

"This tree must be finished, but I JUST don't know how!!

Cordie. you MUST fix this problem, and you MUST FIX IT NOW!!!"

Homer flew down and asked, "Child, what is your name?"

She said, "My mom is  Callie Crabapple and I am the same"

Homer asked the small girl, "Child, why are you fussing??

"That attitude you have won’t get you nothing!"

"It is always nicer to be nice to another,

like your best friend, your dolly, your cat, or your mother"

"Now, why don’t you start with your small precious toy?"

and then Callie Crabapple exclaimed with great joy,

"you mean if I acted and spoke nicely to others

Like Dad, Uncle Steve, my teacher, and brothers

And I change my tone and the way that I say

Things to other people, it could be that they

Will be nice also and help little me

Put this bright star on that very tall tree?"

"Why, yes, it could happen" said Homer quite lightly

"In fact, by tonight it could be shining quite brightly

on the very tip top of that tall pretty tree.

Shining QUITE brightly for all who can see!!"

"Hooray!!" yelled Callie, "I"ll start being nice NOW!!"

"That’s sure to make a difference in this problem somehow"

Callie picked up little Cordie and hugged her with glee.

She said, "Cordie, Won’t you please forgive me?"

At that moment, Governor Perry walked out of his house.

He’d been standing there, listening, as quiet as a mouse.

"Homer," said he, "you are as kind as you are wise."

"and today," he shouted, "this big state I"ll apprise"

" of the fact that next Tuesday we’ll call Homer Hero Day"

"We'll have big parades and UT’s band will play"

"Now didn’t you have a problem to fix?"

I could loan you my ladder, but that plan I will nix"

"the best plan," said the governor," is to use Homer’s beak

to pick up Callie and fly to the peak

of the very bright, tall Christmas tree in the mansion

"why, with that star up there, my tree’ll be quite handsome"

so Homer obeyed the leader of our state,

and when he was finished, he quickly made haste,

Once again, he was off, up into the sky,

And the minutes can’t be counted that those Texans waved goodbye.

He arrived in Rockport just in time for dinner.

And as he fell asleep that night, he knew the day had been a winner.

It sure felt nice to know that he’d spent it being a helper.

And he fell asleep dreaming of his next big adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )