A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The Bliss of Amnesia

 I found this poem on a website that I had forgotten I had.



The Bliss of Amnesia

Never before have I been as close to death as I was on Wednesday.
I saw his skull through the layers of blood & tissue.
I saw the blood pool around his head.
I heard his labored breathing as he struggled to survive.
I tried to help and who knows if I did, but I hope I did with my whispered words.
I hope he left our world with at least a modicum of peace because part of me feels as if I shall never feel totally at peace again.
I long for the moment when, like the hazy face that you want to remember but can't, I can no longer clearly see the image of Glen's battered, twisted, and bloody body on the warehouse floor.
12/16/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )