A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Inspired by Lana

 More finds from the other blog


Inspired by Lana

i was messing around on here and I saw some of Lana's posts. one of them was about poetry..mostly Mother's poetry. the subject line read. .when you see this. .post some of your own poetry...so i thought I would.

EPIPHANY

written on 06FEB03 and dedicated to Pattalee Glass-Koentop and Robert Bernd Dittrich, Jr.

While sitting in the car with him, talking after class, I remembered that while she was lying in that hospital bed dying, I noticed for the first time ever that her hair was just plain old brown with grey in it.

and my heart cried.

His heart felt my grief, and he pulled me over to his shoulder and comforted me with his friendship.

and I remember thinking, "I should love this heart."



The Lawnmower Poem:

Hello Wonderful Ms. Cody-


What a great way to start my day
An email from Cody, and I'm on my way
To conquer great worlds, and buy a lawn mower
so that the mobile home park guy won't say, "Let's tow-her
Because she won't mow her tiny, small lawn
And the grass that is there is about to spawn
millions of different kinds of weeds
who'll grow and grow and produce more seeds
who will give birth to some nefarious plants
and maybe even attract some ants
who'll eat all the plants and grow to great size
and climb up our houses and even capsize
them, and then where will we be with no houses to live in
and maybe we'll die and go straight to heaven
and since we're not ready to die yet, let's show her
that she must go out and buy a lawn mower."

so, Cody the thanks all goes to you
your email encouraged me to go put on my shoe(s)
and get out of the house and go shopping for
a lawn mower, weedeater, (and maybe a blower)!!!!!!!!!





AND HE SECRETLY STEALS MY HEART

Despite what seems like his arrogance and mean heart,

Sometimes, secretly, I still feel.


I mean it at the time when I say the words, "I do not want him!!."

And I mean it at the time when I say the words, "I cannot love he who does not honor me!"


So, then why? WHY? when he pierces my heart with his words does that little girl inside of me sob

"why does he not love me?"





HOMER, THE HERO BIRD

To Nathalie Ann's birthday, I wanted to go,

but when I called my dear sister, she firmly said, "NO,

You haven't seen your nieces and nephew for a year!!

I'll tell you quite truly; its all very clear

that their poor hearts are broken for their cries can be heard

three miles up in the air by a keen-eared Hero Bird."

The bird's name was simple: last name: Singsong, first name: Homer.

and he hailed from a town called Shawnee, Oklahoma.

His plans were to fly south to the North Pecan Isle.

He thought he would stop and give his friends a quick, "Hi Y'all!"

He was hoping for a meal and a cold diet coke,

and some time with his friend for some laughs and a joke.

He had left from his home Monday morning at sunrise,

and on his way South, he had QUITE a big surprise!

He was flying along deep in his own thoughts,

when he heard the loud cries of one of the tots.

He swiftly raced down to earth toward the cries.

He found the small girl and said, "Child, dry your eyes.

Stop those wet tears: take a deep breath or two!

and kindly tell me, dear child, what has happened to you."

The girl, whose name was Caroline Elisabeth,

took a deep breath...and started to hiccup.

She turned to little Hannah and said, "you do it, Sister,

these hiccups are causing my poor tongue to twister!"

So, Hannah stood up straight and took in some air

and opened her mouth, their story to share,

but, sadly, the gum in her mouth sealed it shut,

so, she signaled to brother to take the job up.

And as Garland began the story to say,

a butterfly flew past and he was off and away.

and, so Rebekah, the youngest of the great clan of Parker,

began to tell the tale from her seat on Mom's rocker.

"How much we miss our auntie is very hard to tell,

and when we try to do it, our eyes begin to swell,

with tears as big as gumdrops, and cries as loud as trains

and so for us to tell you will take so many pains"

she spoke with such a sweet, soft voice,

and her lips began to quiver,

"You see, our aunt is always busy, and we never are togever!!"

As Homer listened to the tale, his eyes filled up with water,

and he said, "I remember the same tale from my own sister's daughter"

So, I will fly to Maxwell to have a chat with Auntie

for of this type of situation, I remember plenty.

Now, I will leave to see your aunt and tell her what she must do.

I shall return with her in tow within one day...or two.

So, Homer flapped his wings and he took off in the sky,

and the minutes shant be counted that those children waved goodbye.

Now what occurred in Homer's absence, we will never know...

but great cheers filled the air when I returned in tow.

On Homer's wings we had swiftly flown from Maxwell on towards Spring,

and to try to tell the fun we had...Why, there isn't such a thing!!

Homer's kind heart and selflessness were sure impressive that day,

to put the needs of others over his big plans to play.

Thankfully, Homer's flights will never be just one-way,

and so I hope on Saturday, I'll hear a big, huge "Hooray!"

when I arrive, although late, at Nathalie Ann's birthday!!!

completed 21March01




and lastly:

RAINBOW...HAPPILY, WITHOUT BLUE
written 13NOV04

up at 5 a.m. driving north alone. watching at the yellow sun comes up.

4 quiet hours at 917. Lunch just mom and me. Homemade soup in a big red cup.

At Blalack, sitting next to Daddy. Red, White, and Blue on the gym walls. 2 veterans shoulder to shoulder.

Burgers at the Orange Joint with 'Melie Mac. Talk, laughter, and thanksgiving letters to 8 soldiers.

Alone again. driving south under a black sky. 1 full day. to the brim with love.

Too busy to be blue with missing her.

this last poem was written two days after the second anniversary of the death of my mother. She died on November 11th which is also Veteren's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Your poems spark imagination and touch so many emotions. Thank you for letting us read them. Please post more.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )