A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So, here is what is going on...

...an adventure, of sorts.  By the way, if you're squeamish about 'girlie' stuff, you prolly oughta hit the back button right about now.  Just so ya know.

Between 21Apr and 07Jun, I somehow managed to have four whole (actually longer than normal) periods.  Just in case it happens to be early in the morning and you  haven't had your coffee yet, I'll do the math for you.  That is four periods in 7 weeks.  Even you men who like to steer away from anything "female problem-y" know that  this particular number of periods in such a small amount of time is problematic, yeah?
In tears, I called my doctor after the third period started a mere 3 1/2  weeks after the first one began.  She didn't seem awfully concerned.  She told me to lay off the fish oil cos some studies have shown that fish oil taken together with aspirin can cause extra bleeding.  Of course, I obeyed. When--two weeks after the third one began--another one arrived, I continued freaking out.  My doctor suggested that we wait to see how it continued (since the length of time between periods was lengthening out) and I had an appointment with her on the 14th of July.  Again, I obeyed; however, I made certain that we discussed it when I saw her in July.
Since my periods had 'evened' out, she didn't think we ought  to worry.  She did--however--order an ultrasound.   It must not have been put as urgent or anything cos my appointment was not set until the 4th of October--nearly three months later.
So,  it was the day of my ultrasound and I drank the requisite 30 million gallons of water.  Of course, they were running behind! :)  I think she took me into the examining room about 45 minutes late.   It all seemed like a normal test until we got to the intrauterine part.  (I'd just like to say BLECH and OOOWWWW.) My tech began asking some questions which I answered and then asked "Why do you ask?"  She asnwered way too quickly for my comfort but then never did or said anything else suspicious.  I was glad it was over and I went on my way with a wonderfully empty bladder.
A few days later, I go a letter in the mail informing me that I had another appointment with the gynecologist in Houston.  When I first read it, I was a little concerned, but then I thought, "Well, this really can't be anything scary cos there is no way a letter can get here from Houston in a day and a half.  Plus,  the letter is dated the 3rd and my appointment was on the 4th.   And because I had a lot of audit  jobs scheduled for that week's day off, I called the VA and rescheduled for HALLOWEEN (mwahahahaha).
So, the next week, I had my normal quarterly appointment with my regular doctor.  Imagine my surprise when she informed me that the ultrasound had revealed an unidentifiable mass on my left ovary (or maybe fallopian tube or uterus--I honestly cannot remember what it was, just that it was a girlie part!)  I was a little shocked--to say the least--and I really regretted moving that appointment.  However, next Monday, I will see the gynecologist again and--hopefully very soon--he will schedule more tests to see what is going on down there.  I've heard rumors that I will be getting an MRI, but I guess I'll just wait and see.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to have a good attitude and not worry.  and I'm  praying.  I hope y'all are, too.   I will let y'all know when I  know.
Love,
ME,
Loralee Fabulous "All of y'all" Ford   :-P      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )