A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, October 2, 2023

Slowly, Autumn (2007)


Slowly, Autumn is drifting this way.
I sensed her yesterday--but just slightly--as the wind playfully blew hair out of my face as I crossed Lamar on my way home from breakfast at Mickey D's.
Slowly, Autumn is strolling this way.
I noticed her last Tuesday morning as I walked down Guadalupe through the crunchy, brown leaves, whilst smelling the crisp, cool air.
Slowly, Autumn is sauntering this way.
I saw her today in the large piles--10 feet high, at least--of multi-colored pumpkins which waited, patiently perhaps, just outside the doors of the Whole Foods Market on 6th.
Slowly, Autumn is heading this way.
I felt the excitement lingering in the air--and in the hearts--of both the 17-year-olds and the 38-year-olds as they sat en masse, under the stadium lights screaming "Go Buffaloes!!! De-bill the Cardinals!!"
Slowly, Autumn is meandering this way.
I wish she'd hurry up, though! I know this is central Texas and the heat makes her a bit lethargic, but...
...Oh Autumn! Run! Come this way!! Oh Autumn! Rush! I'm ready to play!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )