A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Saturday, May 14, 2022

From the Cobwebs: J. Andrew Hobdy

This came up on my facebook memories today.

I am packing up to take my stuff to storage until the duplex opens up on

01JUN09. and I was looking for some photos to scan to make Mom a

present and I found this album with stuff from my one and only fiancee

from way back in '96-'97. I found a poem he wrote me which was just

so super good I had to share it. :)

For Loralee

J. Andrew Hobdy

She dances upon my eyelids
as I close them for slumber.
I can feel her beside me
like a phantom itch.
Her voice lingering on my ear
as the echo of a tympani in an empty room
As a yell on the barren plain.
Her love is the spring
renewing all life,
bringing rain to my dry and thirsty soul.
peace
She is the lighthouse amid the tempest
filling the black void with a brilliant light
her love is as constant as the tide
often low and ebbing
lying in wait
but sometimes raging.
I long for that rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )