A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Friday, May 20, 2022

From the Cobwebs: Loralee and Burton, sitting in a tree...K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!

 (This blog was originally written in May of 2007)

Well, my four year streak was broken last week. You're probably asking, "What streak, Loralee?" Well, it's the "Loralee hadn't been kissed in more than four years" streak. I know, I know. You're all surprised because you hadn't heard I have been dating, yeah? That's right. It's been about the same amount of time since I've had a date. Y'all know I'm not some casual kisser, so there has to be a story behind this recent kiss, yeah? Here's what happened...

I volunteered a Friday ago to take tickets for the South Austin Wind Symphony concert. My friend, Sarah, plays flute with that group. That night they were playing songs from Western movies and T.V. series from since forever ago. There was even going to be a famous movie star there to be the emcee the concert.
I had a better time than I thought I would, to be honest. I made two friends whilst taking tickets. One was a very tall, very tall young man named Cory (I think) and the other was a pretty short, but very nice gal named Bonnie. We chatted while waiting for the concert goers to walk up needing our services (Those services were tearing their tickets in half and handing the pretty side back to them.)
We were almost done and the concert looked like it is just about to start when a man about 65-ish and all dressed up in cowboy gear came hurrying up to the doors we were "guarding" and began exclaiming "Are they already starting? Oh Boy!!" He scurried into the concert hall and rushed up to the podium and the microphone. Turns out, he was the movie star EMCEE. He was none other than Burton Gilliam from western movie fame. Finally, we volunteers were allowed to join everyone else. We sat down and listened to the beautiful music and the funny comments by the emcee, Burton.
After it was all over, I thought I'd go over and get a picture with him and an autograph for my Daddy for Christmas. I stayed in line for awhile and then finally got to spend a few minutes with him. He signed the autograph, even putting the name "Paul" on it for Daddy, and we took our picture together. Then he looked at me, grinned, and pointed to his cheek with his forefinger. I, of course, being the physically affectionate person that I am, hesitated not one moment before leaning over to kiss his cheek. Imagine my surprise when he turned his head right quick and pecked me on the lips!! Turns out this maneuver was a regular in his bag of tricks. I'm somewhat glad that they took the picture before he worked his little magic trick...cuz they would have taken a picture of me with a bright red face!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )