A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Taiwan Bucket List, # 3





   I've heard from several sources that we have at least a six-week break during the summers if we're teaching English.  Obviously, I'll be exploring during my summers. I'm looking forward to visiting New Zealand, Madagascar, Japan, China, seeing Thailand again, spending time in each of the countries of my ancestry (England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Norway, France, and Germany)  and I'm Definitely interested in going back to Tanzania and seeing friends I made nearly 25 years ago; however, I have heard that Taiwan is an interesting wonderland all in itself, so I'm definitely planning to spend, at least, my first summer exploring my new home!

One thing I'm definitely excited about doing when I get to Taiwan is to enjoy a real-live lantern festival! I went to one here in a town kinda near Austin in the Autumn of 2019 with Rachel and some other friends. It was really so beautiful and I'm kind of in love with lantern festivals. I'm definitely planning on enjoying them every year when I get to Taiwan.

I've read that there are a ton of art and historical museums and I'm really looking forward to several hours in those venues. There are tons of temples and beaches with interesting natural topography which I long to see.  I imagine all of these sights will inspire some art in my heart! (Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't know it (art, heart...get it??) but my feet show it. They're Longfellers!  LOL

Also there are hot springs and historical islands and the town in which I will prolly  live--Taichung (or maybe Changhua) in smack dab in the middle of many sights. Also, I'll be less than an hour to the beach and less than an hour to the mountains to hike!  I'm really looking forward to getting there and participating in some adventures (plenty of which, I am sure, will be in my classroom!!!)

If only Covid would loosen its grip!  I'll sing it an encouraging song! 'Covid, Covid, go away! Don't come back!"   LOL   

Hey, y'all? Thanks for reading about all my dreams. :)  Love ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )