A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, October 3, 2021

From the Cobwebs: Reconnecting Twenty: Notebook Lost...Notebook Regain'd


As y'all know, these "From the Cobwebs" posts are old posts I found hidden away in different locations that I'm just reposting here cos the other locations are not easily accessible anymore.


23 Oct 07 Tuesday 
Current mood: mischievous 
     While on a trip out of town a few weeks ago, I misplaced my writing notebook. When I realized it was missing, I freaked!! I re-traced my steps several times and then freaked again when I still couldn't find it. I had just written a blog that was really important to me...and now it was lost. Not only was that blog gone, but all my ideas for future blogs and old ones that I haven't posted yet. Perhaps so that you get my mindset at that moment, I'll repeat: I freaked. 
     The following poem was written (mostly) at that time when my mind was freakin' out. I realize it's a kinda lame poem, but the thing about poetry that is really really great is that it paints a true picture of your feelings when you write it. The mostly finished poem has sat in my (back-up) writing notebook (yes, that means I brought an extra one with me when I went out of town...just in case.) for two weeks and today, something made me think of it again when I was reminded of Milton's poems. The last line or so were written today after that remembrance. 
     I knew that this poem was not really a fantastic one which would make the world a better place, but I figured I should at least try to make someone laugh...even if it was only me. ;) It's not epic poem, but i hope you enjoy it, anyway. If you want to know what happened with my lost notebook, keep reading. All will soon be revealed!! 

 NOTEBOOK LOST...NOTEBOOK REGAIN'D 

My heart is missing.
I cannot speak.
I feel so empty.
I feel so weak.

My words are missing.
No way to convey.
The things I feel
That I must say.

Things to cheer 
a saddened heart.
My mouth sewn shut.
No way to impart

The things I've learned
along the way.
Like when to go
And when to stay.

Where is my mouth?
Where can it be?
Without my heart
I can't be me.

Where is...
Oh, Wait! There it is!!
Over there!! Underneath
My camoflauge jacket!!


p.s. i really did find it under my camouflage jacket (at the local family dollar store where we'd stopped before heading back home to my bff, Carrie's house). The fact that we often joke about not being able to see things which are camouflaged didn't occur to me until after i wrote the silly ending. muuuaaahhhhhh!! 
 love y'all, Loralee ;) 
 Currently listening : Midnight Train to Georgia By Gladys Knight & the Pips 
 Release date: 18 November, 1997

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )