A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, May 21, 2012

May Photo-A-Day 19MAY12


"A Favorite Place" 
This photo was taken whilst taking a walk with Mike and Janet on Saturday after our grilled steak and potato dinner!  They live on the west side of Galveston Island in a place called Indian Beach.  I just can't help but love Galveston!


"Joy"
"Summertime and the living is easy"
I chose this one for 'Joy' cos this family looks happy and enjoying the moments when being part of a family is something so special.  I still remember the summer I turned 14, we took a family vacation to South Padre Beach.   I think Daddy rented a big family size tent from base and we stayed for about a week in a tent on the beach.  I remember getting so burnt that for some of the last days, I had to wear a dish towel over my face to protect it from more sun!  I looked like a weird modern day version of Jesse James.  I also remember that I met a mom and son one day during that stay, and for whatever reason, during that conversation, I told them that I had just turned 14.  What a weird thing to remember, yeah?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )