A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Cuibhreach Le nil Gra

December 15, 2008

Current Mood: Hurt 


Her words make chains that bind me

To the pain I always feel

When I hear what she says behind me

Those words do nothing but steal


The peace I felt when she tucked me in,

The love I felt when she gave me him,

The bond I felt when she took a stance

and did my hair on the day I danced

The pride I felt when she said that day

That words are the court where I hold sway


But all that flies when she says those things

And the preacher speaks when the church bell rings

And out of his mouth come these words of truth

about how little I am really worth.

Does ANY love flow from her heart to mine?

Will my questions be answered with the passing of time?


When I need wiping of tears or smoothing of hair

Can I ever be certain that she will be there?

I'll tell you the truth; and lie, I will not.

I really just want what it feels I ain't got.

Like a hug or a cuddle in an old rockin' chair

or the tiniest piece of her heart she will share.


But, her words build chains that bind me

To the pain I always feel 

when I hear what she says behind me

And I fear that I never shall heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )