A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Inspired by a moment, part II

Found on another website 

inspired by a moment, part II

Walking with him at the lights

His hands were in his pockets because it was night-time, it was December, and it was cold.

My arm was linked with his as we walked through the Trail Of Lights.

As we walked along, our bodies in motion, I felt the top of his hipbone brush continually against my wrist,

And it felt like the most natural thing in the world.

And even more so, it felt like a harbinger of the future, of sorts.

You know, that sometime, somewhere in our future when the idea that me touching his hip would be a very natural, very allowable thing to do. And I’m not even talking in a sexual way. I’m talking about the natural ownership between a husband and a wife.

Quite like that song by maroon five called Sunday morning. Some of the lyrics just seem to illustrate that kind of comfortable proprietary feeling.

"steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in…

Fingers trace your every outline
Paint a picture with my hands
Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
Change the weather still together when it ends":

So back to my thought: that moment, walking with Paul, I could feel that feeling, so slightly, but so wonderfully.

reveled in that feeling! and was so excited by the idea that this could ever happen with us. I realize that the possibility is slim, but it was a moment and a feeling I cherish.

for Paul, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )