A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Friday, June 18, 2021

Conundrum

I'm having some kinda weird thoughts.   This week, as many of you know, is the one leading up to Father's Day.  I get emails trying to encourage me to buy something for my Daddy.  I hear commercials on the radio.  I see ads on websites.  I'll have to admit.  I really, intensely dislike these few weeks before Father's Day.  My Daddy died 7 years ago. The ads make me miss him more and I really don't like the ridiculous grieving that surfaces back up so intensely.   
The things is--my birth mother died, too. It will be 19 years ago this November.  Why don't all the Mother's Day ads bug me?   I worry that I--somehow--love her less.  I don't like the idea that this might be factual.  Or...could it be because the main mom in my life is still living--the one who was ALWAYS there for me from 2.5 years onward and STILL is?
I guess it shouldn't bother me as much as it is today, but that is what is on my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )