A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Poem: 'Ode to the KK'

 I'm not sure if I have this one on this blog, so...just in case!


ODE TO THE "KK"

30 May 08 Friday

Current mood: full cuz i ate a sample and a spicy kolache, too.


Ode to the "KK"

for Fred and Susan

Rows of donuts

marching two by two.

Once hot, but plain;

now, they shine anew

with melty glaze

afixed atop the rounds

This store never empties

because their fans abound!!



I was inspired last night whilst enjoying a donut at Krispy Kreme. Karen and I had just finished directing the annual Spring Play where we teach drama part time. I thought a Krispy Kreme donut would be a very nice celebratory event.

Have you been to a Krispy Kreme? They have a conveyor belt upon which the donuts ride. They come up from the hot fryer, stand under a glaze shower, of sorts, and then "march" on down the line to a location where they are packed up or put on display. I'd never been inside a Krispy Kreme and thought this idea was really kinda "neat-o".




Raspberry filled donut. It was the kind I was eating when I was inspired to write this classic piece of American literature. Surely it will go down in the history books as one of the finest poems ever written!! ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )