A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Health

 Okay, so I know that I CAN NOT talk, really. I've been obese for years (at least according to medical charts, yeah?)   With the help of my team of AWESOME Veterans Administration doctors over the course of the last 7 months, I've REALLY got my act together.

The pharmacist doc had a long conversation with me in December and prescribed me something called "Ozempic" which helps your insulin work better and has the added benefit of a slight appetite suppressant.  Anyway, the fact of the matter is that  (with the NOOM app) and Ozempic, and TINY bit of effort on my part. (I park the furthest way I can from everything, I stop eating when I'm not hungry anymore, I try to make good choices as to the type of fuel I'm putting into my body,etc.)  I have lost a total of 38 pounds since December 10th.

I have noticed several outcomes from this weight loss:

1) I don't mind my face in photographs or the mirror.  I'm conflicted about this one. I hate that I feel prettier with less weight on.  I feel like I ought to be beautiful for my sense of humor, intelligence, and good heart and NOT a skinnier face, etc.  But--the fact of the matter is that I do like my face better with less weight on it.

2) It sure is easier to walk and I have less sciatica pain.

3) I have worn a size 16 jeans my entire adult life.  I tried on a pair of jeans at Walmart a week ago and I fit into a size 8!!!!

4) Pretty much ALL of my lab numbers are BEYOND awesome!   Before the weight loss, my cholesterol was 197, which is just the tiniest pinky finger away from unacceptable.  In my last test from May 26th, my cholesterol was 96!!   My A1C (which is the test that measures how much sugar was floating around in my blood) went from 9.8 about a year ago, to 6.3 now (which, i must brag, is COMPLETELY within ACCEPTABLE, healthy range for a diabetic.  This is REALLY a huge deal, y'all. 

So, I just wanted to do some lectur-ey encouragement for those who are struggling with weight.  IT can be done. It'll just take some patience, hard work, and time.  But you can get rid of that excess weight and MOST IMPORTANTLY, your health will be back on target!   If ***I*** can do it, so can you! :)


Okay, enough of my encouraging rant! Love y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )