A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Andrew's poem

 This poem was written for me by a one-time fiance (when I was in my 20s)


For Loralee:

She dances upon my eyelids 

as I close them for slumber.

I can feel her beside me

like a phantom itch.

Her voice lingers on my ear

as the echo of a tynpani in an empty room

as I yell on the barren plain.

Her love is the spring

renewing all life,

bringing rain to my dry and thirsty soul.

Peace.

She is the lighthouse amid the tempest 

filling the black void with a brilliant light.

Her love is as constant as the tide,

Often low and ebbing

lying in wait,

but sometimes raging.

I long for that rage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )