A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

I dreamed about her last night

 I dreamed of her last night. She was the same, but different. Her hair was cut short as before, but she had let the dye grow out and it was just a regular sort of brown instead of that garish red she used to color it. When I arrived, she was sitting outside under the trees sipping a glass of something cold and enjoying the setting of sun.  It was a beautiful twilight, my favorite time of day. The sun was gone, but it was still light out. The sky was a beautiful soft blue and the pale pink streaks made its beauty even more apparent. It was breathtaking. She was living in an old-fashioned little cottage that seemed bigger on the inside than it looked on the outside. (and she was only paying $45 a week for it!) It was cozy and comfortable and she had all her favorite things surrounding her in the uniquely designed place.

Her cottage sat at the edge of a small little city mountain (kinda like Camelback Mountain in Phoenix?) and there was a road which led up the mountain from the courtyard where she and her neighboring cottage-dwellers lived up to a group of small homes with adobe facades. It was such a quiet, idyllic oasis in the middle of a bustling city. It seemed to suit her perfectly.  She was happy. She had plans to change her life and make it better. She had plans to move someplace bigger (though I thought it was a perfect place, and I briefly entertained the idea of moving in when she moved out--though strangely, I live in a different city)

After we finished sipping our cold drinks, we went inside to clean up and then we were going out to meet her boyfriend to have dinner. She was comfortable and happy and looking forward to a fab ulous future in her life...so different from the woman I knew when she was alive. In my dream, I was happy to see her happy. but then, I awakened..and remembered...and cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )