A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Saturday, October 2, 2021

From the Cobwebs: Surreal Seventeen

Surreal Seventeen Another transplant: :) Current mood: giddy and giggly It was a Saturday evening. It was probably about 7:40. The sun was setting. Actually, it was already down, but it was in that in between stage where everything is still completely visible and the shadows haven't really started descending yet. I was in the passenger seat of a blue Mustang heading to a play at Zilker Park. The radio was playing a little tune that was filled with the hope of things to come that usually only a teenaged heart can feel. Beside me, driving this stick-shifted muscle car was a completely gorgeous, football captain-esque, conventionally good-looking 22-year-old guy. This whole moment played out like the dream date of a 17-year-old girl. The funny thing is that I'm sooooo NOT 17 anymore. Under my belt sits an additional 20 years. When the realization hit me, I giggled. I was glad that he either didn't notice my giggling, or that he politely refrained from inquiring as to why I was giggling cuz that would have been hard to explain. But, since I never really had that kind of hopeful, youthful, "Wow, I TOTALLY can't believe I'm sitting next to this, like, TOTAL FOX!!!" experiences when I was 17 years old, I decided to sit back, and enjoy the setting sun, the 80s-esque music on the radio, and the gorgeous 22-year old beside me. I just kept giggling (in my heart) in the same way that any reasonable, self-respecting 17-year-old girl would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )