A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Saturday, June 4, 2022

From the Cobwebs: Why I love the internet and other Harry Potter Thoughts

 26 Sep 07 Wednesday


Current mood:weird
I've been re-reading Deathly Hallows recently...mostly because I don't have a job this week, but HEY...any reason for some more Harry Potter, yeah? I did a lot of back tracking and re-reading because this finish of a seven book series (hey what do you call a seven book series anyway? you know how you call a three book series a "trilogy"??? Hmmmmm... septemilogy? septemogy? interesting) anyway, i wanted to check things out. See things that were hinted and then revealed etc. So, I remembered Ron, at one time, stuffing his face with spotted dick. I remember thinking "even if you totally disregard the American colloquialistic connotation of that phrase, that particular kind of food sounds quite disgusting!!" So, I decided to do a bit of research. What I found was fascinating. Spotted dick is actually a yummy kind of british dessert! And you can buy some in America. The Heinz company actually makes it. It is true, however, that you can't just take a quick jaunt on down to your local H.E.B. or Wal-Mart to pick up a can, but it is interesting that you can send away for such a seemingly typical British dessert-y type thing.
Another cool thing. I googled the phrase "what do you call a seven book series?" and the second entry was about Harry Potter. How rockin' cool is that fact? Additionally, I love that HP is so engrained in Pop Culture and, dare I say it, the history of our world... from this point and henceforth... that I needed only to type in this phrase "Is Madame Bones Susan's aunt or mother?" and every single one of the ten initial responses regarded the Harry Potter series in some way. And for the purpose of assuaging the curiosity of those who really wanted to know: Madame (Amelia) Bones of the Ministry of Magic Fame is the AUNT of Hogwarts' own Susan Bones. (Okay, suddenly, I'm extremely hungry, so I'm going to go get something to eat (some spotted dick, perhaps?). I'll be back in a moment.)
Okay, back...and happily munching on a bowl of Capn' Crunch. Is not Capn' Crunch some of the best cereal...NAY...food on the entire planet? It's just so lovely in a crunchy and then eventually soggy kind of way. ~Sigh~ Okay, thinking about what I have written, I'm guessing that some of you are wondering what in the world is going on with me today. It's just been another one of those days. Some parts of it were fabulous. Remind me to write a blog about the counselor who kicked bum and took names in Kentucky sometime, okay? but in general, the day has had it's moments of really plain ol', downright yuckiness. Beginning with a 7:30 a.m. phone call from someone whom I Iove dearly. Someone who was crying and upset and going through some (need I say it?) really plain ol', downright yuckiness. And I couldn't help this person!! and in the end, I had to end up betraying this person, in a sense, in order to help . I hated every second of it. It's just been a really weird day and I think, perhaps, the over-the-toppeti-ness of it has me a bit loopy, yeah?
But, at the end of the day, the people I love are safe AND I still have the internet wherein I can easily find the Dutch translation of the phrase "happily munching on a bowl of Captain Crunch." (gelukkig munching op een kom van Kapitein Crunch) with just a few clicks on "questo vecchio calcolatore" (this old computer in Italian, by the way).
Okay, so since many of my readers are those who believe in God, wouldja please pray for the people I love? You can even phrase it like that, if you wanna...(please help and guide those people Loralee loves--cuz that will include you!!) I appreciate it and I know the people I love do, too.
And now, my bowl of Kapitein Crunch is nearing its end. There are 16 (oops! No, 9 now) little yellow bites of yumminess (as opposed to yuckiness) left and I fear I must set my steps to my bed. That being said...I bid a hearty "Adieu to you and you and you" as well as a "So long, farewell. Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight" (yes, I looked those up on the magical internet, too. I wanted to make sure they were right)
Sleep well, all the people I love.
P.S. did I mention that I love Neville. Now I must clarify that he cannot beat out Ronald Bilius Weasley as my favorite male character in the HP series, he is a close second (yes, that means he beats out Harry.) Have you ever noticed how tough he is? and that, when presented with the choice to do what is RIGHT or what is EASY, that TOTAL ROCKIN' COOL snake killer, Neville Longbottom ALWAYS chooses to do what is right? You gotta like that, yeah? You Go, Boy!!
and HEY...whilst tooling around the internet (looking to see if I could find Neville's middle name), I found that today (26SEP07) is the 126th anniversary of the birth of none other than (wait for the trumpets to quit blaring, please) Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore!! We miss you, Professor. Happy Birthday!
this just in: I'd already posted this blog and decided to see if anyone else on myspace had recently written anything Harry Potter -esque and VOILA.. someone has! Did you know that "Expecto Patronum" means "I look for a Savior?" ultimate in coolness. just thought I'd pass that on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )