A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

07APR11 Herbs gone to seed

So, here is a big truth about me: I am not a good gardener. I want to be a good gardener. I continue striving to be a good gardener. However, I am not a good gardener. Here are several photographs of some of the herbs from last year's garden. The herbs made it through our pretty decent winter and have flowered out. I didn't know that herb will flower out. I sure think they're pretty flowers on these herbs, though. :)



















Chives have purpley-pink flowers!





I believe these flowers came from the cilantro plants. Even more reason to love cilantro, yeah?




The regular oregano--with tiny, tiny leaves--has white flowers also. I don't really like the regular oregano because the leaves are so small and it is hard to remove them from their stems to use in cooking. However, I do like the flowers AND this particular oregano plant is special to me cos I grew it from seed.

















This is a pretty pink flower, but I don't know from which kind of plant it comes. If you happen to know, please educate me!










Isn't this blue flowers purty! Again, I don't know from which herb this comes.










An herb with white flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )