A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, April 4, 2011

Things that are cool about Pop, # 30

I was showing him where his room is tonight. When he noticed that he has a huge, extra-big bed.

Pop: I've got a big double bed here. Someone can stay here in it with me.
(he often thinks he is staying at a boarding house or something. So, I think that he is always willing to share the other side because of it.)

Me: O.K. Thank you for letting me know. If another man shows up at the house, I'll send him on down to the room.

Pop: Well, I'd be willing to share my bed with a woman if I knew her well.

Of course, he meant me. I was touched. He has had Alzheimer's Disease a long, long time before I ever became a part of his life. But now--after almost 11 months--he recognizes me somehow, way down deep. His wordology indicated to me that he wasn't thinking I was his wife or one of his daughters. But I was someone he knew well. It kinda made me happy to know that somehow he recognizes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )