A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

book recommendations

I have read two really fantastic and interesting books lately and I wanted to recommend them to y'all.
The first one is entitled 'Unbroken' and is about Louis Zamperini, a 1932 Olympian and an Army/Air Force pilot during WWII. It is an amazing story about the strength of human beings. And about our capacity for evil and for good and for forgiveness. It is definitely now one of my top 15 favorite books of all time.

My second recommendation is Condoleezza Rice's autobiography, 'Extraordinary Ordinary People." Did you know that woman was playing the piano at 3? She lived right in the center of much of the civil rights movement of the 1960's. And really--she had such an amazing life--so far. The book introduces us not only to Condoleezza, but also her family and many important political and world figures of our time. It is totally worth reading.

I definitely give both of them two thumbs up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )