A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Moving Day, #1, a poem

 23FEB10

Moving Day, #1


As I move boxes from my car to Nat's barn, the air

is an

ominous gray, and

crisp, and

cool.


Ruby's brown eyes are gazing at me

protectively, and

watchfully, and

curiously.


She is intrigued--and perhaps--charmed by me as I 

whisper, and 

then talk, and 

finally, sing to her.


She approaches me at first

slowly and 

then forcefully and 

finally, confidently.


As I bring my face near to hers in a gesture of friendship, her horsey breath

tickles my ear, and

warms my cheek, and

fogs my right eyeglass lens.


The giggle which escapes my mouth is

surprised, and

then delighted, and

finally, joyful!


At that moment, I am

extremely, and

fervently, and

vehemently certain


That this world God made is a 

happy, and 

wonderful, and 

beautiful place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )