A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Words of Affirmation: Guy Crain

So, have y'all ever heard of the 5 Languages of Love? It's a book which goes through--in depth--the five ways most people feel loved. They are: Gifts, Acts of Service, Quality Time, Touch, and Words of Affirmation.

Mine are--in descending order--Words of Affirmation, Touch, and then the other three. :)   So, when I get especially encouraging, touching, etc. 'Words of Affirmation', I write them down! Here is # 1.

Guy is a young man who went to Brown Trail after I had already graduated, but I was still a member of the congregation.  I kinda had a little crush on him at the time.  Anyway, time passed, he got married, had a kid, his wife left him for another man, and we had gotten back in touch with each other.  Nothing was going on, but a friendship which was encouraging. We talked on the phone and were people who filled a need for each other at that time in our lives.  I've since lost touch--again, but I'm sure he is having a lovely life, playing his guitar, and helping his wife raise that little boy (although the boy might be a grown-up by now.)   Anyway.... 


From Guy to me:

-A heart-felt amen to all your frustration and confusion about the suffering and injustice in the world.  

-And a heart-felt amen to your affirmation that God is still nonetheless good and just even beyond our capacity to understand. BOTH amens are very important, I think. (not just the first one, Mr./Ms.Unbeliever, and not just the last one, Mr./Ms. Preaching School Graduate. =o)

-I am humbled by the colossal size of your heart and its endless well of compassion. You are an example to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )