A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook: 05DEC10

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...cold!!
I am thinking...about why Christian brides--who know better--always seem to pick immodest dresses for their wedding days. I've seen several websites which have not only modest wedding dresses, but also modest bridesmaids dresses. Just sayin'.
I am thankful for...a roof over my head.
From the learning rooms...Nassim Taleb, the author of 'The Black Swan' and 'The Bed of Procrustes' uses way too many big words when being interviewed. Doesn't he want the "little people" to understand the ideas his big brain is trying to get across to us?
From the kitchen...marinated chicken and some steamed veggies, maybe. Whaddya think?
I am wearing...penguin pajamas.
I am creating...Christmas Sugar Cookies.
I am going...to Houston either on Tuesday or Wednesday.
I am reading...two different books and a magazine at this time.
I am hoping...that I am a better person this week than I was last week.
I am hearing...a boooooooooorrring football game between Dallas and the Colts in the background. Pop likes football. BLECH!
Around the house...it is dark here in the living room, except for the glow from my laptop and the lovely Christmas lights!
One of my favorite things...the lovely "something" in the air this time of year. :)
A few plans for the rest of the week: getting some Christmas cards and the last of the "need-to-be-mailed" Christmas presents on their way.
Here is a picture for you to consider:

Ain't the friendships of the early teens great? These are two of my favorite people who worship with me at Hwy. 92 North Church of Christ. Aren't they just beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )