A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Friday, August 27, 2010

Mint Rosemary Eggs




I tried something new. I paired Mint with another herb from my garden. I'd been thinking about it, but haven't tried yet. So, yesterday, I had Mint Rosemary scrambled eggs along with bacon and plain ol' regular (non-whole-wheat) pancakes.
The pancakes were okay, but not as good as they could be, yeah?

So, I cut up some rosemary, some mint, added pepper, mozzarella cheese and milk and scrambled the eggs. You'll see in the picture that the amount of rosemary--once chopped--was rather small. That was evident in the taste. I should have added more of both. I keep forgetting the lesson that MORE is more when using fresh herbs. I could taste the rosemary-a very tiny bit--sometimes. I could taste the mint a very very tiny bit. In the end, however, the eggs were tasty. They just weren't as unique and "zing-y" as I'd hoped. I'll try again sometime.


Oh! I forgot. The pancakes weren't completely just plain ol' pancakes. I added cinnamon. Prolly at least a tablespoon-ful. They were delish--just not whole wheat delish.

Hope you enjoy!

Lolly Fab

p.s. I had a picture of the finished product, but it has disappeared. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )