A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, August 30, 2010

Tips for Thyme. Well, really just one tip.

so I tried scrambled eggs with chives and thyme this morning. and pepper and cheddar and mozzarella cheese and milk. I know y'all are getting tired of all of these egg recipes. I'm thinking of something pork-choppey--maybe Thursday okay?

However, back to the regularly scheduled program: It'll really be just some tips, okay? The eggs were delish! However, I've found getting the (pretty small) leaves off of the Thyme stems can be difficult. So, I am passing on my knowledge. (ha! like this is something earth shattering, yeah?) Hold the top of the stem with your left hand (or your right--i suppose--if you are left--handed. I am not left-handed, therefore, I hold the stems in my left hand. Ummmmm. Can you tell I'm tired? I'm starting to babbbbbbllllleeeeeee) Okay, hold the thyme with the thumb and forefinger of your left hand. Don't hold it too tight or pinch it as that will cause whatever is below your fingers to break off and then you'll have to start alllllllllllll over again.
Okay, hold the stem with the left, take your right forefinger and thumb and run them down the stem. The leaves below your left hand will just jump right off of that ol' stem. You will; however, have to pinch each of the leave which were growing at the top off the stem off one by one, but hey, at least you didn't have to do all of 'em that way, yeah?

And no picture today as I seemed to have misplaced my adapter thing-ey. I'll prolly have to go spend some money tomorrow on another one. :/

Goodnight, Dear Readers. ;-P
Lolly Fabulosa :)

Music: Eagles-Take it to the limit.
Creedence Clearwater Revival-I put a spell on your.
Lionel Richie-Dancing on the Ceiling
Roger Miller-It happened just that way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )