A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, August 16, 2010

My First Letter


I found this letter whilst sorting through some boxes this morning.


DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
Headquarters 2856th Air Base Group (AFLC)
Griffiss Air Force Base, New York 13440

6 August 1969

Loralee Ford
c/0 TSgt & Mrs. P. Ford
8943 Turin Road
Rome, NY 13440

Dear Loralee,

This is probably one of your first letters. I want to be one of those to welcome you to our great, big world and to congratulate you upon choosing such a lovely home. If you had searched the world over, you couldn't have found a nicer Mother nor a finer Dad.

I know how happy and proud they are of your arrival, you are, without doubt, one of the most precious gifts they have ever received. In fact, you are so precious that they will want you to have the very best of everything, including of course, Christian training in the home, Sunday School and Church.

I hope that you are well aware of the queenly place which you now occupy. I have been told that a king can do no wrong (neither can a queen) so I trust that you will not exercise your authority in loud and lusty edicts too often, especially not at 2:00 A.M. Too much exercise of this queenly right may be quite a tax upon your most loyal subjects.

It is our hope that you will grow up in a household of faith, where many hands of fellowship and encouragement will always be stretched out to help you. May God bless you and keep you always is my most earnest prayers.

yours in Christ
Henry Edelenbos
Hospital Chaplain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )