A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Things that are cool about Pop, # 4

I had just finished making some banana bread for our lectureship this weekend. I was singing. I was dancing. I was cleaning. The Black Eyed Peas' tune was blasting from my IPOD docking station.
Y'all know the chorus, yeah?

" i gotta feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night
that tonight’s gonna be a good night
that tonight’s gonna be a good good night."

So, I'm cleaning and dancing and singing and when the song ended, Pop--who had been looking at some things which were lying on the sideboard said to me,

"Well, I'm sure hoping for a good night tonight!"

"Me, too, Pop. Me, too!"

I can't help but laugh at how naturally funny this 82-year-old man is--just naturally living in a world which has changed some much since he was my age--half his life ago. He often brings a smile to my face. I wonder how he'd like Billy Joel? ;-P

Here is a great video of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K21cZ65jVHY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )