A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Things that are cool about Pop, # 3


Pop and I were having a midnight snack--literally. It was midnight--of homemade cookies. I had made them the previous afternoon.

"Whaddya think of the cookies, Pop?"

"They're pretty good."

"They have chocolate chips, pecans, coconut, and bananas in 'em."

His eyes widened, and then he replied, "Well. They have everything in 'em, don't they? If ya can't survive on these, then you can't survive on anything!"



-------------------------------------------------------

Moments later, we were still munching on the aforementioned cookies. I picked up a cookbook which I'd recently received for my birthday. While flipping through it, I read aloud the names--and sometimes the ingredients--for several recipes.

"Roasted Red Pepper Soup" I read.

A look of disgust came over Pop's face just before he replied, "I don't believe I'll have any of that, Thank you."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )