A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Friday Lunch BBQ







So, Pop and I had steak for lunch Friday! I'm not sure the cut or type of steak Marilyn bought, but it was delish! It was a really thin sliced and looked like it was already "tenderized." I marinaded it in BBQ sauce (store bought--I know, I'm a big cheater!) and cooked it on the grill. Yum!

The fun part was the veggie part. I cut up a potato, an apple, and an onion. I cooked the small cut potatoes first for a while by themselves in a spot of oil and some water. When the potatoes look about 1/2 to 3/4 done, I added the the apples and the onion. I also added chopped lemon thyme and the tips of some green onions and--of course--a ton of pepper. I stir-fried it all together 'til they were all done.

Y'all!! Are you listening? I'm talking some serious yum here. I even went back for seconds. When I had about four bites left, I analyzed what was left and ate accordingly--two bites of potato all by themselves--so that my last bite could be equal parts potato, apple, and onion. As I put the last tasty morsel in my mouth, I thought "Hmmmm, I'm kind of like the vegetable version of the 'fruit and cereal lovers' on those old raisin bran commercials, yeah?"

Anyway, the whole compilation made for a very, very tasty lunch. Pop even said, "It was GOOD." I would recommend trying it. And I hope you enjoy it! By the way, I got a Paula Dean (or is it Deen?) cookbook for my birthday. Tomorrow? Venison Sausage Gumbo Casserole. Be assured, however, that I may change an ingredient or two.

Love y'all,
Lolly Fabulous :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )