A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Friday, July 9, 2010

Simon and Garfunkel Squash


Okay, today I made--with the help of my trusty kitchen herb garden--what I've decided to call "Simon and Garfunkel Squash."
I cut a large butternut squash in half length-wise. I scooped out all the seeds (they went into my compost heap) and then placed the two halves, flesh side down on a cookie sheet with about 1/4-inch of water in it.
The stove was pre-heated to 400. I placed the squash in the oven and baked it for about an hour.

Meanwhile, I went to the garden and took at least two large sprigs (or the equivalent) of each of the following: o/' o/'
o/' parsley
o/' sage
o/' rosemary, and
o/' thyme o/' o/'

(get it? Simon and Garfunkel squash?)

I chopped all that up in very tiny little pieces. When the squash came out, I scooped out all the soft, baked flesh out of skin and placed it into a lovely old-fashioned "Grandmommy's mixing bowl." I added some butter and the chopped herbs and mixed it all up together, and I might possibly have said aloud "Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom" cuz it was "deliciano" as my big sister says.

Today, I also cut up a TON of my various mint leaves, placed them in my tea pitcher after having added the freshly brewed tea into it and let it all steep for approximately six minutes. I added ice. I poured myself a tall glass. I enjoyed it. I might even have thought, "Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom" as I sipped its lovely mint-iness!

Hope y'all enjoy, too!

Lolly Fabulous! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )