A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Suing Arizona? I'd laugh if I didn't want to cry so much.


I'm confused. Ummm, The President and the Department of Justice are suing Arizona because of the recently passed immigration law? Huh? Isn't the sunny state's law a near-mirror image of the federal law? How are they upstaging the US Government? They are OBEYING them. This doesn't make ANY sense AT ALL. Here are some thoughts I have on the whole deal:
-Racial Profiling? yeah, and that is why there is specific language in the Arizona law which prohibits stopping a person just because they look Hispanic. So that complaint doesn't fly with me. Sorry!
-Why are people who haven't gone through legal channels to be here angry that they are being asked to show identification. We're CITIZENS who are here legally and we're asked to show our I.D.s, too. Why the whining? Additionally, uhhmmmm, I can't imagine a single American who--whilst visiting a foreign country--would become upset and angry and cry "foul" and "bigotry" if we were asked to show our VISA or ID by the authorities of said nation. We would just show our I.D. because, uuhhhmmm, that is the law.
-If the DOJ says that the "patchwork" immigration laws across the nation would "seriously disrupt federal immigration enforcement" then why aren't they disallowing and fighting against the "patchwork" laws in our nation which allow sanctuary cities for illegal immigrants? Why are they doing a Luby's with the laws? They pick and choose which laws they'll allow and which they'll support. My guess is that the President and the DOJ have some ulterior motives for their behavior.
Why in the world have and do so many people in Mexico think it is their God given right to be able to come over here to America and live. and often when they do so, they a) do so without going through proper channels, and b) don't pay taxes, and c) avail themselves of welfare and free medical help, even though they don't pay anything into the system.

The deal is, the Arizona law is simply striving to secure the border. They are keeping the drug dealers and illegals out. Securing the border is REASONABLE. Asking for I.D.s is REASONABLE (and the law). Expecting the people who live here to add to the money going into the system instead of just taking it out is REASONABLE. I do not get what the problem is here. I do not understand why the President and the DOJ are suing Arizona for obeying federal law. But then a lot of what our President plans to do doesn't make sense to me. Especially this lawsuit. Really, Mr. President? REALLY? You're suing someone for doing what they're told to do. I think that is a just a little loco.

1 comment:

  1. REASON is nearly dead. People find it hard to reason these days--or refuse to do it. All emphasis is on "feeling good". I pray reason is revived very soon! Great article!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )