A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, July 19, 2010

Lets call it "azul"

This IS my blog, yeah? I want to be able to write what I feel, what I am doing, or whatever. So, I'm going to do so. I'm asking ahead of time for your patience as I rant a tiny bit.
Didja know I'm going to three weddings this summer? One is for my cousin, Sam. One is for a college friend, Randa. And one is for a young man whom I've known since he was three. He turned 21 a week ago and in 5 days he'll be getting married. He is a wonderful kid. I love him and his family more than I can express. I moved to San Marcos--fresh out of the military--back in '92--when he had just turned 3. I lived with him and his parents. They were a wonderful example to me of Christian people, Christian marriage, and Christian parents. I had just turned 23 when I moved there. I was single and ready to embrace my new life as a Christian and a college student.
Now, I'm two weeks shy of 41. How many years have passed? Let's see--Almost 18. That 3-year-old is getting married. I'm still single.
Sometimes I have to wonder if there is something wrong with me and my friends who love me are just too kind to tell me. I know I'm not perfect, but I truly think I have a lot to offer the right Christian man. I have lived a happy life. I'm not usually so whiny about all this "marriage" junk. I like my life in general. I know I serve a purpose as I am. But today--I suppose--is one of those days when I just wonder if those dreams I've had since I was still in single digits--to be a wife and a mommy--will ever come to pass.
Okay, I guess I'm done. Thanks for listening, Dear Readers. I'll be back in a happier mood later, I'll bet.
Love,
Loralee "not so" Fabulous Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )