A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Friday, July 23, 2010

Lemon Rosemary Pork Chops

So, I had my first guests since I moved here to Buna. Jamie and his Daddy, Jimmie, came over to have lunch with Pop and me. I made way too much food!
-I baked a cake last night.
-I chopped up cabbage, carrots, yellow and red and green peppers and 1/4 of a purple onion for a coleslaw. I added about 1/4 of a cup of italian dressing in lieu of mayo and vinegar.
-I stir fried yellow squash, zucchini, orange zucchini, and the rest of the onion in olive oil and pepper.
-I cooked some whole wheat rotini pasta.
-I soaked pork chops in an oil, lemon juice, and rosemary marinade and then grilled them.
-I made tea with apple mint, pineapple mint, and lemon balm mint flavor--fresh from my garden.
I kinda wish I could grow my own real tea leaves, but I think that'd be a serious project.

The meal was delicious, though no one brought their appetites so--there were a TON of leftovers Guess I know what we're having for dinner! The company was nice. Though it was slow-paced, the conversation was nice. Afterward, we talked a bit, had cake, and took a tour of my garden. It didn't last long, but it was enjoyable.

Since I still don't have a camera, I'll have to forgo pictures of the meal and the people who attended ! Needless to say, the lunch looked delicious and the company was great. Perhaps next time, I'll be able to take pictures.

See ya after the weekend,
Lolly Fabulous :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )