A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Saturday, September 18, 2010

From the Cobwebs: Abigail

25 Jan 07 Thursday

Out of the mouth of babes...
Current mood:head-achey
You know, I really like those Leland girls. Elisabeth is adorable. She is just now talking so she says things with the unintended laziness of the young. My favorite word of hers is "Lorlee" (I'm sure you recognize that it is my name minues the "A") which she often says repeatedly for several minutes at a time. I"m sure, to other people, it can get annoying, but I happen to love being adored, so to me, it is like music to my ears.

Abigail can be just as charming. She is starting to think things through and have some logic going on in that little mind of hers. It is this particular ability of hers which is the main focus of this blog. Last night, we were coming back from Bible Class. Some of y'all know that I live less than an 1/8 of a mile from the local H.E.B. Last night, I asked The Lelands to drop me off. I intended to walk home after doing my errands there (which is the norm.) I was surprised to find them still outside the store waiting for me when I exited the store.

I'm not sure exactly what they were discussing, but the conversation when I got into the car was very interesting. It went something like this:

Abigail: "So, there are bad people out there in the world, Daddy?"

Troy: "Yes, Abigail, there are."

Abigail: "Why are they bad, Daddy?"

Troy: "Well, Abigail. They do bad things to other people thinking that it will be good for them, but it really isn't in the long run."

Abigail: "Because they are disobeying God, Daddy?"

Troy: "That is right, Abigail."

Abigail: "But us and Loralee...we obey God."

Troy: "That is right, Abigail."

Abigail: "Look Daddy! The moon is cloudy tonight!"

Troy: "Yes, it is, Abigail."

It was an adorable conversation. I laughed to myself that she automatically included me in the group, but I'm glad she did because that let me know that, at least to kids, I'm being a good example. :) However, that isn't the main point. The main point is "Kids sure can be so smart sometimes."

and I REALLY love how she ended her perfectly logical statement about obeying God with something as charming and whimisical as "The moon is cloudy tonight!" Kids are so ridiculously fabulous and endearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )