A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, September 20, 2010

Things that are cool about Pop, # 9



I was sitting on the couch with one of those round laundry baskets in front of me. I had just taken the last piece of clothing out of it to fold. I needed that space to put another laundry basket in front of me so I could fold those clothes, also. I intended to put the round basket on the other side of the coffee table, but--in the process of doing that--the basket turned on its side and rolled away in an arc toward Pop. I intended to get up and get it, but Pop grabbed it first. He put it on its side and rolled it back to me.
I laughed out loud. I know it seems such an odd thing to find humorous, but Pop has this unique sense of humor. The look on his face when he rolled the basket indicated that he was being mischievous and giggly-hearted. I just really like seeing this playful "Daddy" part of his diminished personality. Seeing the man he must have been long ago peeking through the haze of his Alzheimers is always a pleasure--and laugh inducing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )