A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Things that are cool about Pop, # 8

It was about 8:45 p.m. and Pop and I were in the den. I was sitting up on the couch reading and Pop was in one of the recliners "watching t.v." He was really dozing. His eyelids were bouncing--slowly--up and down. It reminded me of his great-grand-daughter, Lily, trying to fight sleep.

Since it was near 9:00 p.m. (Pop's normal bedtime), I asked him if he was ready to go to sleep yet. He replied in the negative. "No, I don't think so."
"Really? are you sure, Pop? You look pretty tired. Here is what you are doing."
I waited 'til he was watching me and started mimicking the up and down bounce of a sleepy baby. When I was done, I looked up and saw Pop winking at me and grinning like the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

"See?" he asked me, grinning still. "Did you see what I did?" He winked at me again.
"Yep" I responded, grinning myself as I winked back at him. "You were winking at me, Pop!"
He grinned again and said, "Yep, I was. Maybe I can do it again sometime soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )