A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Things that are cool about Pop, # 14

I was doing some work on my computer when I realized that I'd made a mistake.

Me: Oops! I made a mistake.

Pop: You made a mistake?

Then he smiled really mischievously and said,

Pop: I'll tell ya what, I have never made a mistake!

________________________________________________________

We were eating supper--my version of King Ranch Chicken Casserole. Pop was asking about where everyone had gone. He asked about his kids and his little brother, and then:

Pop: Where is my wife?

For those who don't know, our pat answer is usually that she is visiting her eldest daughter in a town 2 1/2 hours away. When we try to tell him that she died 15 months ago, he gets really upset. We just quit telling him. As it is, we had already had Alzheimer's for about four years when she died, so her death isn't part of his reality. Therefore:

Me: Well, she is visiting Sharon for a few days. They're going to do a little shopping.

Pop, grinning: They won't be doing a LITTLE shopping. They'll be doing a LOT of shopping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )