A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apples, Celery and Christmas



Yesterday afternoon, Pop and I were feeling a little peaked. So, I decided it was time for a little snack. I went into the kitchen and cut up some celery and apples and then spooned a little peanut butter onto two plates.

What was really cool about the experience was that the moment I cut into the apple, that fresh apple smell just invaded the kitchen. The same event occurred with the celery. Immediately, I had images of Christmas floating around in my mind--just from the scent of the freshly cut apple and celery.

That smell--combined with the cooler air we've been experiencing lately (For example: right now, it is 55 degrees outside here in BUNA!!) just made my heart jump a little in excitement! The Christmas Season is coming! I love the time of year between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. There is just a little something special in the air that makes the world a little different!

Now for you Scrooges out there: This doesn't mean I'm going to start listening to Christmas music now before Halloween. I'm not, but I'm still going to look forward to what is to come!

Hurry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )