A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pretty Meal



Pop and I ate such a colorful meal last night! I had forgotten to put any meat out to thaw, so it was supper time and I was thinking "Uh oh!" So, I remembered that in families with a ton o' kids like Pop's had (He was one of 12 kids, half of whom were born during the depressions) they often had meals consisting solely of vegetables grown in their own back-yard garden.
So, Pop and I had a veggie meal: Broccoli with cheese, carrots and yellow squash, butternut squash with oregano and pepper, and grapes. It was actually satisfying and yummy! :)
P.S. none of these vegetables were grown in our own back-yard garden, though I did fail to mention that I ate a salad consisting of varying types of lettuce, all grown in our back-yard container garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )