A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Monday, October 18, 2010

full circle

I realize this must seem like an odd blog. But this subject has intrigued me from the moment I first started noticing that the "flowers" that were growing in the pot didn't seem too much like flowers. The buds had bloomed and looked like little tiny yellow pepper plants. I was in awe as to how in the world that bunch of flower seeds I planted a month ago could produce a pepper plant. As time wore on, I realized that the tiny little peppers weren't really growing very much. Some suggested--and I decided that they were right--that the peppers were ornamental instead of edible. I was a little less than stoked upon hearing that bit of news. None of the rest of my very first full, real garden were actually producing anything to harvest--excepting, of course, the herbs. I just accepted it and moved on.
More time passed and I noticed that the tiny yellow peppers were turning to tiny darker yellow peppers. And then they turned into tiny orange peppers and finally tiny red peppers. As they are now, the tiny peppers are a beautiful, deep, Autumn red and I love passing them on my way to the faucet to water the plants.

What is also interesting to me is that--at one time--two much smaller plants were growing right beside the larger plant. I extricated them from the larger plant and put them in their own pots. The plants have stayed small--pretty much the same size as they were when they were growing alongside the larger and already red-fruited plant. Throughout the time which has passed since I transplanted the smaller plants, they have just stayed as they were, small and pretty green plants. Now, however, one has actually started to grow some even tinier yellow peppers! I noticed the other day that the other transplant had some teeny tiny flowers on it, and today, I saw the teeniniest little yellow peppers. I can't wait to see them grow and I can't wait to watch them turn darker yellow, orange and deep red. It feels like this journey has made some odd sort of "full circle." And what is pretty cool is that--Now--I get to watch the circle go around again. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )