A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Overheard...

in line at the bank:

Lady 1: I'm having to pay this ticket which my husband received on the way home the night before he got laid off. It has been months and he still can't find a job. Now this ticket has doubled in price. I'm here to get a money order to pay the judge.

Lady 2: Oh, Lady 1! You Should go to Such and So Company over in Orange! They're hiring pipe welders and paying a ton of money!

Lady 1: Oh, but my husband is a construction worker. He doesn't know how to do that pipe laying stuff.

Lady 2: Oh, Lady 1--Lie! Lie! Lie! When he fills out the application, he should just put down that he knows how to do pipelining. The pay well and have full medical. Lie, Honey! Lie! Lie!

She left right after she said the last "Lie!" and I stood there just appalled and disgusted at what she said. Does she REALLY think that is the way to live life?

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that she thinks that her advice was sound.

What a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )