A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Things that are cool about Pop, # 16

Cole picked me up at the house so we could go to the baseball game in Houston. As I walked out, I noticed that Rose had already arrived for her shift watching Pop. She and Pop were sitting on the porch enjoying the wonderful cool air we've been getting.
Cole and I said our goodbyes and were heading for his new truck when I heard Rose yell, "Stop!"
I obeyed and immediately turned around to see what she wanted.
"Turn around."
Again, I obeyed.
"You have a hole in that pocket. You oughta put your money in another pocket."

I thanked her and was in the processing of obeying her when I heard Pop pipe up.

"Oh, don't you worry about that money. We'll just follow along behind you and pick it up as it drops out of your pocket."

I had this feeling--because of the grin on his face--that if he did manage to pick up my "fallen" money, it might not be returned to me. He and Rose might have gone out to eat or something! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )