A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Friday, October 22, 2010

Can't Sleep. Therefore, y'all get a ramble, of sorts. :)

Okay, so I'm up--still. It is 3:16 p.m. Pop has awakened and gotten out of bed 4 times tonight, which--is unusual--and really fine when I look at the big picture. a) it is my job b) he was really amenable to going back to bed within 5 minutes of awakening each time. However, I suffer from an inability to go straight back to sleep after being awakened. (AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for those days of childhood when your parents would awaken you as they got you out of the car, and then--two seconds later--you were back asleep on their shoulder and didn't even notice when they laid you down in your own bed, yeah?)
Anyway, so here I am, unable to sleep, and awake and on the computer. I guess I should be studying my Italian, but I'm on my blogspot, pressing "Next Blog." Not necessarily the best thing to do. I'm finding a huge amount of disturbing things after pressing "Next Blog." I'm thinking that I'll quit that for the night when I'm done talking to y'all.
Here are some of the really weird things I've seen in the last hour:
1. On someone's photo blog: A hairy naked man taking a strategically placed cookie sheet--filled with cookies--out of the oven. Two things on this photo: a) y'all will NEVER find anything even close to that photo on MY picture blog. and b) Their concept was cool. It is what made me keep going and--sadly and eventually--find the naked cookie picture. So, their concept: Take a picture sometime on every Saturday to document their lives. They had a large group of friends who often contributed. They had some really interesting photos--naked cookie photo excepted, of course.
2. A black man who is obviously very well educated and well-spoken and well-traveled, but who still falls prey to racial ignorance and has two lists of followers: Those who are "of color" (aka Fly Brothers and Fly Sisters) and those who are NOT of color (aka Fly Others) Even in the opening remarks about his blog, he makes it ALL about color. I've always heard "let's not make it about color" but seems like almost everyone "of" color makes everything " ALL about" color. I'm going to pull a Juan Williams here and say THAT BOTHERS ME.
3. Blogspot put me through a a series of "Next Blogs" in a row which were all about flying airplanes! weird, cos--basically--that isn't something which interests me at all. hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder. and strangely enough whey they finally realized--through ESP--that I was repeating the words "Enough, Already" over and over again, they sent me to a page which is basically the author writing a children's book-which DOES interest me. so, they saved themselves a little on that one. :)
and, ya know--on that positive note--I think I'll try to go back to sleep.
Sweet Dreams, y'all!
or as my Papa J.T. used to say:
"Good Night.
Sleep Tight.
All through the night.
To wake up in the morning
And do what is right
WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT
Good Night.
Sleep Tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )