A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chicken Avocado Soup



Today I tried something new from "The Lady & Sons" cookbook that I got for my birthday. I followed the recipe, but it didn't seem to turn out how I thought it would. There are no pictures in the cookbook, so I never really know exactly how the end product is supposed to look.

One issue is--I suppose--that I don't know quite how "avocados, diced finely" looks. I THINK I do, but when all was said and done, the diced avocado looked kinda funny floating around the beef bouillon.

It looked funny, but it didn't taste badly at all. So, here is how it went.


Avocado Bouillon- Serves six

Two 10 1/4 ounce cans of condensed beef broth
1 1/3 cups water
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Cilantro
6-8 large leaves of Basil.
Salt andpepper to taste
1 large avocado, peeled and finely diced.

I heated the broth and water and then when it was boiling, I added the cilantro and basil. I removed the mixture from the heat and added the avocado, stirring for a few moments.

The Recipe called for the liquie to be poured at once into heated bouillon cups and to garnish with avocado slices, if desired. We don't have any bouillon cups at this home and I'm not sure I'd even know what one looked like if one was right in front of my very face. So, I just put the soup into regular cereal bowls, sliced some french bread and Pop and I dug in. As I said, it doesn't look rockin'ly cool or anything, but it didn't taste badly. In fact, it was a few steps above "sustenance."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )