A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Things that are cool about Pop, # 19: aka Gunfight at the Whitehead Corral

So, we just had a not-so-great first try at Tomato-Pumpkin soup and I was doing the dishes. As I was rinsing one of our cutting boards, it slipped out of my hands and made a 'clank' sound on the sink.
Pop was surprised by the loud noise and asked what the sound was. "I thought I was shot!"
"Well, I don't think you were, but we COULD have a gun fight, if ya wanted to do so."
I walked over to him and handed him a spoon. "Here is your gun, Pop."
I walked back over to the other end of the kitchen and put my hand at my "gun holster" where the fork I was using as a "gun" was located.
"Are you ready for our gun-fight?" I asked him. He nodded and picked up his spoon and pointed it at me, making a "Pkkkkooowww" gun sound that little boys make all the time. I mimicked him and the gun-fight ended.
"Did you get me?"I asked Pop and he nodded.
I put another question out there, "Did I get you?"
"I reckon."

and I turned back around to finish the dishes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )