A LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF A CONSERVATIVE FREE-SPIRIT

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yellow Flowers and Lizards





So, today was a busy day. My "chores" list was long and the day felt like it was packed from start to finish. When I saw these yellow flowers in someone's side yard, I had already accomplished five errands. Bank, post office, Brookshire Brother's for money orders, the VA hospital, and the recycle place in Beaumont. I had just dropped off the recycling at that place with the 6 or 7 big garbage bins full of different re-cycle-able product. Since Buna isn't incorporated, they don't have recycling--prolly cos they have no money to pay for it. Anyway, every few months, I haul our recycling up to Beaumont and sort it into the various bins.

So, I had left there and was heading to fill up the gasoline tank and buy some rectangular planting pots for my new lettuce, spinach, and Brussels Sprouts. I turned left on one particular street because I was coming too close to the freeway. I really like these old neighborhoods. They have neat houses and pretty trees and sometimes I can see things that make me happy. Then, I'll take pictures of them and share them online and hope to make other people happy, too. There is a blog online which I follow. Just yesterday, I was reading how The Green Greek had begun (I think just recently) a photo challenge wherein she would be taking and/or posting pictures with large amounts of yellow in them every Monday. So, I found the yellow flowers, and--of course--I had to stop.

First, I just liked the yellow flowers and I wanted to capture THEM. As I got closer; however, I noticed a couple of butterflies flitting around the tree. I circled the tree, trying to find the best shot. I had just tiptoed to the perfect location to photograph the butterflies when I saw a rapid movement to their left and off the two pretty flyers flew. I was shocked at first. What had happened? Then I looked over to where the rapid movement had occurred. In the exact located which the two butterflies had previously been filling, was a medium-sized perfectly-lizard-green perfect lizard. He turned toward me and gave me the eye. I almost wondered if he was angry with me for a minute. Did he blame me for his loss of lunch? Hmmmmmmm. I looked after the fleeing butterflies for just a moment. When I returned my gaze to the perfect green lizard, he was gone.

I decided it was time to get on my way to the gas station. I hopped back in my car and had an adventure without even knowing it. I turned right onto Laurel (or is it Lauren?) and--unbeknownst to me--I was going the wrong way on a one way street! Yikes! I'm glad I didn't die! Then I wouldn't have been able to do the remaining 7 chores I had to do today! WHEW!!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post!
    That yellow flower looks very much like the one I have in my balcony. I must take a photo and post it next Monday. Then you;ll tell me if it is the same.
    I have been sprouting spinach, too. Plus some other greenery that I have now forgotten what they are. Time will show. A couple of months ago I cleared some rectangular containers I had in the balcony and I am going to bring them back with fresh soil and plant my greens which will hopefully provide our greens in the winter. I am so protective with these tiny fellows, sometimes I think people will think I am going mad. But they ARE alive, aren't they?
    I like watching them grow, and hopefully teach our kids a lesson of how food grows.
    Anyway, must go make supper, now. I am so glad that you find my posts interesting. I sometimes wonder why I blog at all. But you gave me a very good answer.
    God bless you and those you love and love you back.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, Y'all!!
I'm so glad you came to visit and welcome your comments!
Hope ya have a great day!
Loralee : )